Veggies, veggies & more veggies! Love them!
This was hubby approved if that helps make your decision.
I served this with a sesame seed bun, fresh cilantro & pickles (without Yellow 5 listed as an ingredient). YUM!
- 2 Bell Peppers (red, green, yellow or orange)
- 1 Red Onion
- 2 Jalapeno Peppers
- 2 tbsp Garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 Can Black Beans, 16 oz
- 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Coriander
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Liquid Aminos
- 2 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 2 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 1 Box Crushed Tomatoes, 26oz.
- Cilantro, Fresh
- Pickles, Chopped
- Chop vegetables (remove seeds from peppers).
- Saute vegetables with garlic, cumin seeds and coconut oil in large sauce pan or dutch oven for 8-10 minutes. Onions should be slightly translucent.
- Drain black beans & add the beans and remaining spices to the pan. Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, vinegar, lime, liquid aminos and maple syrup.
- Simmer over low heat for 15-20 minutes before serving.
- Top with cilantro and chopped pickles.