As I was mixing together the Peanut Butter Oat Bars, Luke comes up to me and says, “What are you making?” I told him, “Peanut Butter Oat Bars.” After hearing the words peanut butter and oats he immediately got a sad look on his face because he can’t have either on his AIP diet.
After he left for work, I rummaged through the pantry looking for ingredients for protein bars that he could eat and came up with these tropical blueberry bars. When he got home that night he was like a kid in a candy store eating these bars! Over the years I have learned that it is the little things that truly make people happy and I am just glad something so small could make Luke’s day!
So, if you are allergic to peanuts, cannot tolerate oats (I have a hard time digesting them so I eat them occasionally and pay for it later) or are following the Paleo diet than these are the perfect bars for you.
- 1 C Dried Pineapple, chopped
- 1 C Dried Blueberries
- 6-8 Medjool Dates, pits removed
- 3/4 C Almond Butter
- 1/4 C Sunbutter
- 1 1/2 C Walnuts
- 1/2 C Pepitas
- 1/4 C Maple Syrup
- 4 tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Add dried fruit and nuts/seeds to food processor and chop until they are in small pieces. Mix in the maple syrup, almond butter, sunbutter, sea salt, vanilla and coconut palm sugar until blended together and resembles a thick dough.
- Press into an 8 X 8 cake pan. Refrigerate for an hour before cutting into bars and serving.
- Bars can be stored in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or in the freezer for 3 months if they are in an air-tight storage container.