Man oh man am I pooped from doing the 21 Day Fix Plyo and T25 workout videos this morning! Normally I run outdoors, but today is a cardio (e.g. off running) and it is -8 degrees, so I whipped out my workout friends. I have done many hour long workout videos in the past and none of them compare to the jam packed 25 and 30 minutes workout of the Beachbody ones. Seriously it is some ass-kicking and heart rate pumping stuff!
Aside from getting my butt moving, I have been craving chili in the worst way lately! It is not something we have made in months because my husband can’t have beans, tomatoes or peppers with the AIP diet.
To my surprise, Luke made this chili for me after I went to bed. What a nice guy considering this is one of his favorite meals and he can’t even eat it! I think I married a BIG TIME winner
- 1 lb Grass Fed Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp Butter or Palm Oil Shortening
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 Red Pepper, chopped
- 1 Medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 24 oz Can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 2 cans Chili Beans, with juice
- 2 cans Cannelini Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 32 oz Chicken Stock
- Brown hamburger in a large frying pan. Drain the fat and set aside.
- Using a dutch oven, saute peppers, onion and garlic in butter for 8-10 minutes until al dente.
- Add in hamburger, beans, tomato puree, tomatoes and spices to the vegetables.
- Simmer over low heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours to allow spice mixture to soak into the hamburger and vegetables.
- Is it that EASY? YESureeeee!
- Serve with tortilla chips, avocado and Greek Yogurt.