15 weeks as of yesterday. Only 25 weeks to go, but who is counting? ME!
I know some ladies love being pregnant (why? I will never, EVER understand), I am not a fan. Never was during Mason and am not this time around. I guess the nerves of being the soul provider for a baby really get to me. This is especially because after having several miscarriages I am a nervous wreck and constantly think, “Oh my goodness what if I lose the baby today.” I know, I know that is a horrible thing to say, but when you have faced loss it is hard to block these feelings. Debbie Downer, yes!
Aside from me being a worry wort, I also do not like to feel like a Goodyear Blimp for 40 weeks. I know part of being pregnant is gaining weight to support the growth of the baby, but being bloated, growing out of your clothes and being endlessly gassy or constipated just flat out SUCKS. I am high endurance athlete who loves to run and all of these things make doing my favorite stress reliever extremely difficult. Yes, I still ran into 37 weeks with Mason, but 30 to 37 I really had to struggle to run 4 minutes per mile behind my normal pace. SNIFF, SNIFF…..it is hard to do my favorite hobby half-assed and more like quarter-assed for 9 months! Actually with after birth recovery it is really closer to 11 months.
Okay, I had to get out my feelings Thanks for letting me vent.
Aside from my depressive, I hate being pregnant rant….I did make some really tasty trail mix cereal bars this week. I made these two days ago and the pan is already over half gone. Mostly because my husband took some with him for his boy’s date night with neighbors. Although I do have to say that Mason and I put a pretty big dent into them too.
My main reason for making these was I wanted rice crispy bars, but didn’t want to use corn syrup or marshmallows. So, I replaced the nasty and unhealthy sweeteners with a combo of honey, maple syrup and can sugar. THEY ARE YUMMY FOLKS!
- 5 C Brown Rice Cereal
- 1 C Sunbutter
- 1/3 C Honey
- 1/3 C Maple Syrup
- 3 tbsp Evaporate Cane Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 C Sunflower Seeds
- 1/2 C Peanuts
- 1/3 C Raisins
- 1/3 C Chocolate Chips or Chocolate Coated Candies
- 1/3 C Yogurt Covered Raisins
- 1/3 C Dried Cranberries
- Heat sunbutter, vanilla, evaporated cane sugar, honey and maple syrup in a large saucepan over medium heat until it starts to bubble. Stir occasionally to prevent the sunbutter mixture from burning.
- Add in the brown rice cereal and mix together until the cereal is evenly coated with the syrup.
- Allow to cool for about 5 minutes and then stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Press down in a 13 X 9 cake pan with parchment or wax paper. Wait 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Store at room temperature for up to five days (if they last that long).