Well I almost hit a trifecta yesterday! I was feeding Kaeden when all of a sudden I hear, “Mommy I have to go potty.” I burst out of the chair, hurrying Mason off to the bathroom. We got his pants off enough and instantly his “fountain of youth” sprays all over the bathroom floor. HA! Potty training is HARD! Seriously my least favorite job about parenting. Anyway, so I clean up mess number one and then I was changing the baby’s diaper and I hear, “Mommy, the dog pooped on the bumpy rug and it is BIG one.” HA! Clean up on aisle 9 number two. Luckily I didn’t hit grossness number three with VOMIT, but I have had one of those days before. Now, I know why I don’t bother to buy nice clothes, do my hair or try to look presentable…..it just doesn’t fit in with the mommy cards!
Aside from my janitorial expeditions, we had a great family outing. I have Fridays off from work, so I took the boys to see Santa and met up with Luke for lunch. Mason loved Santa and Kaeden didn’t turn into a scream-a-pillar. Great success! Here is a picture from lunch! I had tons of veggies, chicken and brown rice from Big Bowl. It is by far my favorite Chinese. Oh and notice Mason has already decided he is embarrassed to have pictures taken with mommy. OH BOY!
I also kicked off a clean eating challenge with my friends Laura and Michelle. It was a great turn out and everyone had enthusiasm throughout the five days. I just love doing this sort of thing to educate folks not familiar with clean eating and to also keep me on track. I tend to fall of the wagon around the holidays with due to baked goodies. LOVE ME SOME COOKIES. Pretty sure I am descendent of Santa Claus.
During the challenge I made these Chicken Meatballs with marinara sauce and served it over the top of spaghetti squash.
It was so good I wanted to share with everyone here
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1 Jar Marinara Sauce
- 1 Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash in half, scoop out the seeds and place flesh side down into a 13x9 cake pan. Add a 1/2 inch of water and cover with tinfoil. Place in oven and bake for 40 minutes.
- Combine ground chicken and spices. Form into balls about the size of a walnut. Place in an 8x8 cake pan and bake with the spaghetti squash for 25 minutes until lightly golden on top.
- Heat up marinara sauce over medium heat until warm and add in the meatballs when they are finished baking.
- When spaghetti squash is done, add to a bowl and top with the marinara/meatballs.