Sleep? Hum, that seems to be overrated for this pregnancy! For the last 2 1/2 months I had been sleeping in 2-3 hour increments for a grand total of 5-6 hours of disjointed zzzzzs. The downer is I either wake up having to go potty, completely uncomfortable or from my legs cramping up (less rare). With Mason, I had leg cramps almost every night and sometimes even 2-3 times per night. They are excruciatingly painful, so having less this pregnancy has been a bonus. In all, I guess the positive aspect is this is just getting me ready for being up with a newborn! But boy do I miss getting 7-8 hours of solid and uninterrupted sleep.
Due to lack of sleep you will have to excuse my delirium and typos in this post! I do have to say that this recipe is super duper delicious. While having dinner my husband even said three times that this is blog worthy. He eats everything I put in front of him, but only a select few get a “put this on your blog stamp.” So, by recommendation of my hubster you get this yummy recipe coming your way!
- 3 Bell Peppers (red, yellow and orange)
- 1 lb Ground Chorizo
- 1 C Quinoa, uncooked
- 2 C Chicken Stock
- 3/4 C Feta Cheese
- 1 C Mozzarella, shredded
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Bring chicken stock to a boil. Add in quinoa, reduce heat to simmer (low) and cook for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is completely absorbed. Set aside.
- Saute the chorizo over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Add chorizo, feta and quinoa to a medium sized bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove stems and seeds from bell peppers and cut in half. Stuff with the chorizo and quinoa mixture into the peppers. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Place stuffed peppers in a metal cake pan (I used an 8X8) and tent with aluminum foil to avoid the cheese from burning. Bake in 375 degree oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes to brown up the cheese.