I liked this smoothie so much that I made it two days in a row, which is a rare occurrence for me! This is a superfood powerhouse with grapefruit, pomegranate, chia seeds, kale and maqui powder. If you are not familiar with maqui powder than you should know that these berries contain more antioxidants than any other food on the planet, making them a perfect addition to your morning smoothie!
Aside from this smoothie we had our 16 week check up with my OB yesterday. Nothing really eventful except we heard a strong heart beat. Every time I hear the heart beat I get a huge sense of relief knowing the baby is doing great. It puts my worry wart nerves at peace for a couple weeks!
Mason and I also had a fun day yesterday. It was 50 degrees, so we played outside for a change. Of course the lil dude went right for the mud puddles. What fun is dry pavement! Plus, I just let him because that is what baths and washing machines are for! I fully imagine this is only the tip of the dirty little boy ice berg
- 2 Grapefruit - skin and peel removed
- 1 C Pomegranate Juice
- 1 C Almond Milk
- 1 Banana, frozen
- 2 C Mixed Berries, frozen
- 2 C Kale, stems removed
- 1 C Water
- 2 tsp Maqui Powder
- 2 tsp Chia Seeds
- Add ingredients to blender and mix until smooth.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add an additional tablespoon of water or juice until desired consistency. If too thin, add an additional 1/2 cup of frozen fruit.
- This smoothie was created as a meal replacement (makes 2 - 32 ounce servings). If you are looking for a smaller portion cut the ingredients in half.