I have been neglecting my blog the last week. Why? Well, three reasons:
1) HARD WORK – Seriously blogging is exhausting work and I needed a break. It may not seem that hard to make food, take pictures, format the pictures in a photo editor, write/load the recipe, write up a post, categorize the recipes into recipe indexes, post the recipe on Pinterest/Facebook and send out a newsletter. PHEW, okay I think you get my drift! I am not joking when I say each recipe is at least a 2-3 hour time commit. So every now and then I just need a break from this WICKED HARD HOBBY! Otherwise I would lose my passion about it and not create allergy friendly recipes for you folks!
2) WORK – Is crazy busy! I have two new employees and one going out on maternity leave next Tuesday. As a result I have spent about 50-60 hours per week trying to stay caught up. Once I get the employees up to speed and get my employee back in April I am hoping things will die down!
3) GREAT BOOKS – I have been reading the Divergent Series and am addicted. Who can blame me for taking time off from my blog for having some quality time in front of a good book? I can’t wait to see the movies too. Man is that pathetic or what being in my mid-thirties and liking a book written for young adults. Oh well, right?
Don’t worry though I have a great recipe for you today and have some Paleo breakfast ideas brewing (hint hint, cinnamon rolls, scones, muffins and pancakes…I want to devote February/March to BREAKFAST)! Breakfast here we come, YIPPEE!
- 2 C Chicken, cooked and cubed
- 3 C Broccoli, florets
- 1 C Peas, frozen
- 1 C Carrots, chopped
- 32 oz Chicken Stock
- 1/4 C Tapioca Flour
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Celery Seeds
- 3 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp Lemon, juice
- 3/4 C Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 C Sweet Potato or Potato Flour
- 3/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan Gum
- 2/3 C Spectrum Vegetable Shortening
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add olive oil and tapioca flour to a large sauce pan and whisk together over medium heat until a thick dough forms together.
- Stir in a cup of chicken stock until dissolved and thickened. Repeat this process four times until you have a thick base.
- Mix in chicken, frozen peas, carrots, broccoli and spices. Simmer for 10-15 minutes over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
- Pour the pot pie base into a 13 X 9 baking pan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and dairy free milk to allow it to sour.
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients and cut in the butter with a pastry dough blender. Continue to work the dough together until pea sized clumps form.
- Slowly add in the milk and lemon juice until the dough comes together.
- Drop by large spoonfuls on top of the pot pie base. Try to evenly space throughout the dish so each serving will have a couple small biscuits.
- Cook in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.