Felt weird hitting the new post button!
I took time off from blogging because I was seriously sleep deprived during my third trimester. Since then I had a beautiful baby boy, Kaeden Alexander and switched to decaf coffee. I think giving up caffeine was almost as bad as giving birth without an epidural (Kaeden decided he wanted to arrive 30 minutes after they broke my water so no time for pain relief…little s$&t head, I tell you)! He sure is a cutie though. At least I think so.
Enough of my potty mouth! In my last three weeks of maternity leave I vowed to do something more stimulating than another Netflix series (I think I plowed through at least ten). So, I decided to actually add some new grub.
First things first, DESSERT or sweet breakfast. Priorities people!
To move away from the pumpkin protein dip I have been eating weekly, I made these muffins. I only had sweet potatoes in the house, but you can use pumpkin, sweet potato and butternut squash interchangeably.
- 1 C Pumpkin (or 1 C cooked Sweet Potato)
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 C Hazelnut Butter
- 3 tbsp Grassfed Butter
- 1 tbsp Vanilla
- 1/4 C Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/4 C Maple Syrup
- 1 1/3 C Almond Flour
- 2 tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 C Dark Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together butter, hazelnut butter, sugar, maple syrup and pumpkin for a minute on medium speed. Mix in eggs, vanilla and salt for another minute. Add dry ingredients and chocolate and mix for another minute.
- Pour batter a muffin tin (3/4 up to the top).
- Bake for 25-28 minutes.
- Test with a fork. If the fork comes out clean (no batter sticks to it) than the muffins are done.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes before eating.