Oh salads, I love you so and especially this one! Funny I have made this strawberry walnut salad with a homemade citrus poppy seed vinaigrette many times, but I realized I have yet to add it to my blog. What is wrong with me? Sorry for my delinquency folks because this is an incredibly delicious salad that needs to go in everyone’s mouth right now!
I actually made this salad for my post long run lunch on Sunday. I am on week four of Boston Marathon training and had a nine miler. Nine miles is a cake walk for me, but what made it hard was the temps being only 0 degrees outside and trying to move with so many layers on. Yikes! I know you are thinking I have lost my marbles, but after two pairs of pants, three layers of under armor shirts, mittens, a hat and my hoodie it wasn’t so bad. The only thing that got cold was my face, so I should really invest in some sort of mask. Luke told me I could wear his Flash Gordon outfit! Wouldn’t that get some head turns, LOL!
- 2 C Strawberries, sliced
- 6 C Baby Spinach
- 1 1/2 C Chicken Breast, cooked and cubed
- 1 C Walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 C Red Onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 C Olive Oil
- 1 Lemon, Juice
- 3 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp Poppy Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1 Grapefruit, Juice
- 1 tbsp Agave Nectar or Honey
- Toss salad ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Add vinaigrette ingredients to a large food storage container or a quart sized mason jar. Whisk together until the juice, oil and vinegar is combined together.
- Toss with salad and serve immediately.