With Thanksgiving coming right around the corner I have been craving pumpkin pie! However, I have never really been fond of the crust. I usually would eat the filling and leave the crust sitting miserably on my plate. However, I love granola. I could eat it for every meal! So, this recipe goes out to all of you pie crust haters!
I served this granola with my sweet potato pudding recipe! YUMMY! Eat your heart out!
On a side note, I have to let you know that I pulled this granola out of the oven right before I went to pick Mason up from daycare. I also had his dinner all set to go. As soon as he saw this granola it was all she wrote with his dinner. Good news is he loved it! He had two bowls with some yogurt.
- 3 C Coconut Flakes, unsweetened
- 1 C Carob Chips
- 4 tbsp Sunbutter
- 1/4 C Honey
- 2 tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 C Banana Chips
- 1/4 C Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place ingredients into a food processor and pulse 10-15 times until every thing is combined into small clumps.
- Pour granola evenly onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes stirring half way through.
- Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for 20-30 minutes before serving.