Every year we have a bacon day at our cabin. This year our test recipe is a twist on a typical bacon burger by chopping bacon & cooking it directly with the beef patty. To make it grain free, I substituted portabella mushrooms for the bun.
This turned out absolutely delicious! Cannot wait to share with others at the cabin!
- 1/2 lb Bacon, nitrate free
- 1 lb Beef, grass fed
- 6 Portabella Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Seasoning Salt
- Toppings for burger (Cheese, Tomato, Spinach, Onion, etc.)
- Chop bacon into bit size pieces.
- Press bacon into biscuit cutter and then top with hamburger to form a patty.
- Saute burgers (bacon side down) on medium heat until its starts to crisp up. This took about 6 minutes. Season burgers with salt, season salt and peppers on the hamburger side while cooking.
- Once the bacon is crispy flip the burger over and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until your desired consistency. Add cheese on top of bacon (optional).
- Using a separate pan, heat coconut oil.
- Saute portabella mushrooms 5-6 minutes on each side.
- Sprinkle some salt & pepper on each side while cooking.
- When everything is done, place one portabella mushroom on the plate.
- Top with burger patty, hamburger toppings and another portabella mushroom.