This recipe has been three months in the making and after trying at least 20 different recipes. I am picky about cookies and nothing was turning out exactly how I wanted. They were either too flat or too grainy. So, finally I tried playing around with the butter components and decided why not use almond flour as a substitute for some of the butter. The end product turned out exactly how I wanted!
Hope you enjoy them as much as my family and friends have!
Oh, and the best part about these cookies is some of the butter has been replaced with almond butter. Also, the brown sugar & white sugar have been replaced with maple syrup and coconut palm sugar, leaving you with a much healthier rendition! ENJOY!
- 3/4 C Almond Flour
- 2 3/4 C Almond Flour
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Flour
- 1/2 C Grass Fed Butter, room temperature
- 2/3 C Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/3 C Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp Vanilla
- 1 Egg
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 C Mini Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Process 3/4 C almond flour until smooth butter is formed.
- Add butter & coconut palm sugar. Blend until smooth.
- Mix in eggs, vanilla, maple syrup and salt.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop cookie dough by spoonfuls onto cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool on sheet for a couple minutes before transferring to wire cooling rack.
- Tips: Make sure butter is softened, but not melted. Melted butter will cause the cookies to bake flat.