Day three of my wisdom teeth extraction and even though I cannot eat solid foods, I still wanted to make a breakfast bar for my husband and little guy. These could also be used as a healthy snack too!
I typically buy a dried fruit crispy bar from our local health food store. However they are $3.95 a piece, so I thought why not try to save some money and make them myself. After looking at the ingredients on their package and substituting several items and this what I came up with! Don’t tell them that I think my bars are better!
- 3 C Brown Rice Crispies
- 1 C Unsweetened, Shredded Coconut
- 1 C Silvered Almonds, raw
- 1 C Currants, dried
- 1/4 C Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 C Sunflower Seeds
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 C Sunbutter
- 1 C Brown Rice Syrup
- In a medium sauce, mix sunbutter, vanilla and maple syrup over medium heat until a creamy mixture has formed. Will take roughly 5 minutes & is ready when a light boil occurs.
- Remove from heat and stir remaining ingredients into the saucepan.
- Line a 13x9 pan with parchment paper to make bars easier to remove.
- Pour mixture into pan. Press down tightly with additional parchment paper.
- Cool in refrigerator for 1 hour before serving.