I have been on a quinoa salad kick lately! My last two salads have been centered around this delicious little seed Why not when it tastes delicious right? I love this one because of the cranberries, apples and brussel sprouts. I am a crunchy salad kind of girl so this one was right up my alley!
Aside from salads, I hope everyone had a Happy Holidays. We were blessed to have a wonderful Christmas in Alexandria! My dad bought $96 worth of king crab and boy did it hit the spot. I love, love Alaskan king crab. It reminds of me of living in Alaska and one of my favorite TV shows, Deadliest Catch. Yummy!
We also spent some time swimming with Mason at the hotel pool. They had a kiddie pool and boy did the little guy get brave at the end. He kept running, losing his balance and then doing a nose dive head first into the water. Obviously we were there to catch him every time, but his face was classic when he came out of the water!
- 1 C Quinoa
- 2 C Water
- 3/4 C Cranberries
- 1/2 C Sunflower Seeds
- 2 C Brussels Sprouts, shaved
- 2 Small Apples, chopped
- 1/3 C Olive Oil
- 3-4 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 C Apple Juice
- 1 Lemon, juice
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1/2 tsp Celery Seed
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- Add two cups of water to medium saucepan. Bring to boil. Add quinoa and turn down heat to simmer (low). Cook for 12-15 minutes until water is absorbed. Set aside and allow to completely cool before adding other salad ingredients.
- Chop up the apples and shave the brussel sprouts either with a mandolin or food processor. Put all of the salad ingredients into a medium size bowl. Add quinoa once it has come to room temperature.
- Add dressing ingredients to a quart sized mason jar or a food storage container. Add lid and shake until completely combined.
- Toss the dressing into the salad when ready to serve.