Pizza! Goodness, I was on a short fuse today because I had both boys home with me all day. When I get a little frazzled I crave crappy foods and today all I wanted for dinner was Dominos to deliver me a heavily cheesy pepperoni pizza. Would I have felt good eating pizza? While consuming it, yes most definitely. However, I would have felt like an enormous blob an hour afterwards!
So, instead of succumbing to the little devilish voice screaming for PIZZA, I decided to make these grain free chicken burrito bowls. Good stuff, YES INDEED!
Oh and my inner crazy signed up for a half marathon in the dead of winter! For whatever reason I am the girl who loves winter running. It could be snowing like mad and even below zero, but I will still get geared up and run in it. I am beginning to think that I actually like the challenge of winter runs more than just going out when it is 70 in the summer. Oh well, different strokes for different folks, right? YEP!
- 2 C Cooked Chicken, cubed (I used rotisserie to save time)
- 1 Can of Black Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 C Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 Head of Cauliflower
- 4 TBSP of Chipotle Dressing (Brianna's is what I used)
- 1 Red Pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 Yellow Onion, thinly sliced
- 1 TBSP Taco Seasoning
- 2 C Romaine Lettuce
- 1/2 C Salsa
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Butter
- 1/4 C Cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2 Lime, juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Put cauliflower florets in food processor and pulse until it is broken down into rice sized pieces. Transfer to a large bowl and microwave for 6 minutes. Add butter, cilantro, lime and salt and pepper.
- While the cauliflower is cooking, heat up the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the peppers, onions and taco seasoning. Cook for 3-4 minutes over medium high heat until al dente (slightly crunchy).
- Heat up the black beans in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add a little hot sauce or salsa for spice.
- To assemble the bowls, put a cup of the cooked cauliflower cilantro rice into a bowl. Top with the black beans, chicken, cheese, sautéed veggies, salsa, chipotle dressing and lettuce.