Thank goodness for my brother! My site was down for about 8 hours and he got it back up and running! Most people probably didn’t notice, but in case you were trying to look up any recipes, I am very sorry for the inconvenience!
I have been a little quiet on the Midwestern front (Minnesota to be exact and yes, it is getting cold here). So, I thought I should get my butt in gear and post this yummy recipe! My excuses for neglecting my blog the last couple of days have been…
…my little man has been mommy hugs, mommy sit with me, mommy I love you lately. I have been soaking up as much of this as possible. LOVE, LOVE this stage. Hope it never goes away, but I know one day and very soon he won’t want mommy kisses and hugs.
…the other is work. EWWW. Being a manager is tough folks! I wish I could say more, but I just can’t in case someone reads this. BOOHOO! I guess my husband will have to hear all about it Poor guy! No wonder he likes to have male date nights. LOL, okay really I am not that bad. Although my husband may think differently.
BUT, despite my neglect I have some fantastic ideas brewing up for Thanksgiving! I cannot wait to test them out and share them with you. Oh, and did I mention, Thanksgiving is the best holiday ever! Who wouldn’t want to get together to eat the living daylights out of everything, watch countless hours of football and pass out from a turkey coma? I like to!
- 3-4 lb Pork Shoulder Roast
- 1 1/2 C Carrot Juice
- 2 Limes, juice
- 4 C Sweet Cherries, frozen
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Medium Onion, chopped
- 1 Sprig Rosemary
- 4-5 Sprigs Thyme
- Place juice, cherries, spices, herbs, onion and oil in bottom of slow cooker.
- Cut 1/2 slits into the pork roast and place on top of the juice.
- Cook on low for 7-8 hours turning the meat over halfway through.
- I served this over a plantain butternut squash mash and will be posting this recipe with my Thanksgiving recipe series coming up in November.