This smoothie is packed with nutrients…butternut squash, carrots, tangerines, grapefruit…
The funny part is when I told my husband what was in it, he was really excited until I got to butternut squash. He immediately held the smoothie up to his nose to smell it. I started laughing because he despises butternut squash. After the sniff test, which passed by the way, he took a baby sip. The baby sip turned into a big BOY sip. I kept staring him down to see what he thought and finally he said, “This is really good honey! I can’t taste the squash at all”
So, there you have it! Who says you can’t pack in some frozen butternut squash into your smoothies? The vegetable is naturally sweet and even if you don’t like it the flavor it is masked by the other ingredients. Seriously, it is darn good, so just try it!
- 3 C Butternut Squash, frozen
- 5 Tangerines, juice
- 1 Grapefruit, juice
- 2 C Carrot Juice
- 2 C Pineapple, frozen
- 1 Banana, frozen
- 1 1/2 C Water
- 2 tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar
- Add ingredients to blender and mix until smooth.
- If the smoothie is too thick, add an additional tablespoon of water or juice until desired consistency. If too thin, add an additional 1/2 cup of frozen fruit.
- This smoothie was created as a meal replacement (makes 2 - 32 ounce servings). If you are looking for a smaller portion cut the ingredients in half.