Just finished the Minneapolis Duathlon yesterday. What a fun race and great outcome (I finished 8th out of 445 females and took first in my age division). And the outcome happened despite having a bike mishap and running my slowest run splits ever. It was hot and after recovering from a 21 mile run the weekend before I just didn’t have it in my legs to run my normal pace. I am 100% pleased with the outcome that is for sure. The best part of the race was seeing my men out there (husband and Mason). Mason gave me a high five and waved at me/giggled hysterically when he saw me running under a bridge on the course. It is moments like these that are special and unforgettable!
Now for the coleslaw, when we traveled to Washington DC we had the most amazing crab cakes with an Spicy Ginger Coleslaw. I have always wanted to try to recreate that coleslaw. However, since I am eating this for lunch I decided to tone down on the heat and save the “Spicy” recipe for later. For now, I am going a sweeter route with this Sunbutter Ginger version. This salad is crunchy and full of flavor.
- 4 C Napa Cabbage, shredded
- 2 C Carrots, shredded
- 2 Medium Apples, chopped
- 1 C Slivered Almonds
- 1 C Raisins (optional)
- 3 tbsp Sunbutter
- 1/4 C Olive Oil
- 1/4 C Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Ginger, crushed or grated
- 1 tbsp Garlic, finely chopped
- Using food processor, finely chop the cabbage and carrots. Set aside in a medium sized bowl.
- Chop the apples and add to the bowl along with the raisins and almonds.
- Add dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Mix until combined.
- Pour the dressing on top of the coleslaw and toss until the dressing covers all of the ingredients.