What is new in our world, potty training! Not for me or Luke, although considering I have had to high tail it off into the bushes during long runs it is actually for our little man! For the most part he has been a little rockstar when we get him on the potty.
It is just getting him on the potty! We bought some stickers for a calendar and give him 1 for potty and 2 for doing the big dead (aka…number 2). He also gets a piece of chocolate for number 2. This has helped, but he still likes to hide behind his train table and pinch out a loaf in his diaper! Oh the joys of parenthood.
But, I didn’t get on here to talk about bowel movements only!
I actually wanted to share a new chicken recipe that I made the other night. I really wanted a sandwich, so I made my Herbed Flatbread (without the eggs, I substituted a flax egg, which is 1 tablespoon flax and 3 tablespoons of water) and artichoke stuffed chicken breasts. It was delicious!
- 1 lb Chicken Breast
- 1/2 C Artichokes, chopped
- 1/2 C Mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 C Almonds, chopped
- 1 lb. Bacon (nitrate-free)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butterfly chicken breasts in half and flatten with a meat mallet.
- Mix together the salt, pepper and spices in a small bowl. Rub on top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of the artichokes, mushrooms and almonds on top each of the four chicken breasts. Fold together and wrap with the bacon (I also use twine to tie them together and this helps keep the stuffing inside the chicken while cooking).
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook chicken breasts until golden brown on each side (about 5 minutes on each side). Transfer to a roasting pan and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Allow meat to cool for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- As shown in the picture I made this into a chicken sandwich, but can also be served with your favorite side dish.